Elections COVID Safety & Security Officer
Job Type: Temporary, Volunteer (Stipend Provided)
Do you want to take part in our democracy in 2020? Do you enjoy public service? Be a part of our highly recognized elections team!
The Del Norte County Elections Office is seeking temporary staff to join them in conducting elections in 2020 throughout Del Norte County where we have more than 15,400 registered voters and a population of 27,812. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment, learning new things, and being a part of a team; this job is right for you!
This individual will be responsible for ensuring that voters and poll workers are adhering to COVID-19 safe practices at the polls, and will also be eyes and ears to make sure that voting is safe for everyone. All training, equipment, and supplies will be provided.
We are looking for a candidate that is:
● interested in serving the public;
● a team player;
● willing to to learn new things;
● dependable and detail-oriented;
● as well as able to follow instructions.
You will typically be responsible for the following tasks:
● supporting sanitation at the polling site (cleaning pens, door handles, etc.)
● reminding voters of COVID-19 best practices for safety and providing supplies as necessary
(mask wearing, standing 6’ apart, etc.);
● maintaining situational awareness and contacting law enforcement if needed;
● assisting poll workers as needed for set up, organization, and tear down of the poll location;
A few reasons you might love this job:
● you will have a chance to learn about the elections process;
● this will be an opportunity to gain experience working for the County and in public service;
● you will work in a collaborative team environment;
● training is short, fun, and looks great on a resume;
● you’ll earn extra money while you train and work;
● and of course, you will be a part of the historic 2020 Presidential election!
A few challenges you might face in this job:
● you may have to deal with difficult people;
● you’ll work long hours the day of the election.
Desirable Qualifications are:
● experience providing customer service in-person and/or on the phone;
● a friendly, outgoing personality.
● at least 18 years old
● willing to undergo a background check
● 2 hours de-escalation training, provided by College of the Redwoods
● 2 hours of COVID-19 safety training, and “See something say something” training, provided by
Del Norte Office of Emergency Services
FOR MORE INFORMATION or to SIGN UP:
Contact County Clerk and Recorder, Alissia Northrup, at 707-464-7216